Tuesday, November 25, 2014

So much more


Over the weekend, I started my first craft project since buying the house a year and a half ago. With all the wallpaper stripping, floor laying, painting, and re-configuring we did with the renovations, I wasn't ready to add anything to the house that wasn't necessary. It finally feels fun again to be making something.

I'm working on a crewel pillow kit that I picked up ages ago at Purl Soho. I've been adding a leaf or a flower each night before bed, which is heavenly (and at this rate I'll be working on it for months, so get ready for the big reveal in July).

A snow storm is starting to swirl around outside my kitchen window, and we're supposed to be driving out to the Berkshires as soon as Peter's done with school. My fingers are crossed for smooth sailing as we whisk ourselves across the state.

I'm reading Louisa May Alcott's An Old Fashioned Thanksgiving. In the story, the Basset family is facing a snowy New England holiday, too (among other obstacles). I think I've read half of the story for the last three thanksgivings. Will this be the year I actually finish? I hope things end well for them and that they're able to enjoy their brown bread and pies and Indian pudding. 

I hope you get to enjoy all of that, too, and so much more. Happy thanksgiving, my dears! 

P.S. I'm writing this post on my iPad, and while it knows to capitalize the p in iPad, it doesn't think thanksgiving deserves the same treatment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...