Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Occasionally delicious

I have butternut squash, brussel sprouts, spinach, acorn squash, beets, and broccoli.  What did I decide to do with this bounty?  

Eat hot dogs wrapped in croissants stuffed with cheddar cheese. 

It's a travesty, I know.  But my mom just gave me some fancy hot dogs from Omaha, and whenever I get hot dogs, I just can't seem to help myself.  I wrap them in pastry and stuff them with cheese.  It's delicious.  

This is something we had occasionally growing up, but I'm not sure where my mom got the idea. But now it's one of my favorite (occasional) things to eat. 

Croissant dogs

You will need:

4 delicious hot dogs
1 package refrigerated croissants (I used a Pillsbury version with six extra large rolls and butter!)
4 slices of sharp cheddar cheese

Pop open up the package of croissants and place a sliver of cheese in the widest part of the triangle.  Wrap the croissant around the hot dog, and repeat three times!  Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...