Thursday, February 11, 2010

Baby food


Last week, the wonderful couple who live above us had a baby girl!  This is their second within two years, so I figured that they had all the onesies and bibs they could need.

Instead, I made them this carrot-ginger soup.  I remember reading somewhere that new moms and dads can get sick of casseroles and lasagnas and just want something light and easy to eat. This seemed to fit the bill.

This tupperware had a very annoying sticker on the top.  It was soaked and scrubbed, but I couldn't get that last sticky residue off.  So I poured some glitter stars on top, and they stuck perfectly!

7 comments:

  1. Such a cute way to cover up an annoying sticker!! And a great idea for your neighbors! Congrats to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you have glitter stars in your craft collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, girls! I appreciate your glitter support :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ONE DAY... when I'm a mom... i wish for sparkly stars on a soup container :) make a note of that, k?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noted! Most definitely noted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a sweet neighbor! And I can't tell you how many annoying stickers I had to peel off plates, glasses, and appliances this weekend (with the move and all). Love the sparkly star cover-up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily, aren't those sticky things annoying?! I need to invest in goo-gone.

    I hope your move went so well! I'm excited to hear about your beautiful new place.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...