I love David Byrne. Peter and I talk about him so much that if either of us says, "David!" we know who the other is talking about.
Because it's always David Byrne.
I was perusing his website the other day, as I sometimes do (when I want to visit him?), and I found this on his search page:
New Google Search Tips:
- “It's always in the last place you look”
- “Try getting into the frame of mind you were in when you lost it. Think to yourself, where would I have put it?”
- “Tell yourself you never cared much for it anyway — then it will suddenly appear”
- “When you organized everything the other day you put it away where it belongs”
- “You are only imagining that you ever had it. It was never here to begin with”
- “The dog took it”
- “The search is more interesting than the answer”
- “The search IS the answer”
Funny, right? Or is my deep, deep love blinding my impeccable sense of humor?
And on another note: David, please -- will you and your awesome back-up dancers come to our wedding and sing? Because let me tell you. The wedding band circuit is seriously lacking. Lacking in talent. Save us from this hell-ish search!
For your reading pleasure, here is a snippet of an actually response from a band we contacted:
In addition, we work with several area dance callers and can provide as part of the evening festivities, a participatory square or contra dance that would be sure to please. Our callers work with complete beginners teaching each dance and doing a walk-through before the actual dance starts with music.Oh WOW. Partner folk dance lessons AT THE WEDDING.
Google is so not helping me out.