Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The epic wine tasting of 2010


Sunday was epic!  We tried and tried and then re-tried twelve different wines.  I know this is going to sound insane, but it was hard work!  Here are the winners:
  • Sparkling (pair with hors douvres): El Vin Prosecco Extra Dry
  • White (pair with salad): Apaltagua Chardonnay
  • Pinot Noir (pair with salmon): Primarius (my favorite!)
  • Red (pair with lamb): Chateau Segondignac Medoc
I also learned some fun things from Pete, like Brut is the driest sparkling, not extra dry (confusing wine people!).  I can't wait for everyone to try them in a few short weeks!  I hope they love them all as much as we did.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! I can't wait! I'm looking forward to the sparkling. And of course seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryn, you will love that one! It was my second favorite :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...