Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Just a suggestion

(More Maira Kalman; I'm obsessed!)

Here's a fun little game to play while you're eating dinner (after you've shared all your funny stories about ninth graders and foreign co-workers):

Put your iPod on shuffle, and imagine that the next song that comes on is a show theme song, and you have to determine the premise of the show.

Listening to this song, someone in this house thought that it should be about hunters who live off the grid in the wilds of Wyoming. And someone else thought it should be a Dawson's Creek type of show, but set in mildly poverty-stricken, rural Oregon.

We also played with this song (obviously the show would be about a darling young couple that ends up with 1, 2, 3, 4 darling young children).

Anyone else have any embarrassing dinner table games they play?! Do tell.



And PS: Great minds!

2 comments:

  1. I love that Blitzen Trapper song, I need to remember to add them into my studying mix!

    Matt's new favorite dinner game is to say things like, "Isn't the meal I made so good...." when in fact I am the one who made the delicious meal--he just wants credit. silly boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song, too! For some (awesome) reason, it pops up on almost all my genius mixes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...