Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Calm down


(Just a few festive gourds for your viewing pleasure!)

Peter told me a few weeks ago that, in addition to being the cocktail shaker and snack re-filler, he felt like one his roles in our entertaining partnership involved helping me calm down. You know: worry less, enjoy the process more.

Of course, I got really mad and worked up that he felt like I needed to calm the freak down. I am perpetually calm! I float on a raft of calm in the middle of a still lake, sipping chamomile tea and breathing deeply through yoga poses.

Well, not quite.

During this week of food prep, cleaning, and furniture rearranging, I am feeling incredibly thankful for this sweet husband of mine. Who, among many other things, succeeds in helping me calm down.

4 comments:

  1. Nick plays a very similar role in our relationship. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Peter! Keep calm and cook on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep calm and cook on -- I love that so much! It will be my new entertaining motto. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I could not stop laughing after your second paragraph...hilarious! It's so easy to get bombarded by holiday hosting pressure--I completely understand. Somehow I'm sure everything will be lovely on Thursday. Happy first-married-Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your encouragement, Ashley! Wishing you a lovely holiday in Maine!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...