Thursday, August 16, 2012

Summer Sunday Dinner: Pork Chops with Peach Salsa




Throughout the summer, I am sharing a peak at our Sunday dinners. That is when our most pretty, fun cooking takes place, and this is a record of all that good stuff. I hope you enjoy!


I've made this peach salsa twice in the last three days - that's a good sign, yes? The first time was on these pork chops (picked up at this new-to-me farmer's market, where they had a five-piece jazz band!). The peach halves were brushed with a bit of olive oil and grilled, then rough chopped and mixed with a little chopped garlic, some chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, a splash of red wine vinegar, and torn basil.

When I made it a second time to serve with fish tacos, I added some chopped radish to the mix. It was a great, peppery addition. I'm excited to try pairing it with chicken, pulled pork, grits - all kinds of stuff! August is sort of a strange time for tomato-phobes, but this salsa will see me through!

Summer Sunday Dinner: Pork Chops with Peach Salsa

*Make Jeni's base, and add in about 20 torn mint leaves to steep for a few hours in the fridge. Churn as usual and add in the chips at the end.

3 comments:

  1. looks amazing and that ice cream - you convince me a little more every week to get an ice cream maker :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, you always make me feel better about being a tomato-phobe :) Miss you, but love getting peeks at your fabulous looking summer! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess, when I was typing this out, I thought of you! Miss you too, tomato hating friend :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...