Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Loving Lately


I have a long walk as part of my commute now, and need some good everyday boots for the journey. Going back and forth between brown and black, I found these guys. I can't tell if this is actually the worst of both worlds, though? Please weigh in if you have any brilliant boot thoughts to share. 


Bringham's Peppermint Stick ice cream is just about the most perfect holiday treat, and it's in stores now. Peter's family introduced me to the magic of Bringham's, and I'm a total convert - best store-bought ice cream out there. I think this is a New England-based company, and I do apologize if you can't purchase it in your neck of the woods. I'm taunting you with the perfect seasonal ice cream.


Most of you probably saw The Big Lebowski sometime between 1998 and now. But I am uncool and had never seen it until last week. Oh my gooooooodness, I am obsessed. The chair scene? The phone scene? The bowling?! Public service announcement: it's only on Netflix Instant until 12/1!

A few fun links:
What are you loving lately? And seriously, please weigh in on the boots.




4 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the boots - totally acceptable compromise between black and brown. do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you hate me if I say I think it's the worst of both worlds? Eeeek? I say go with a brown/tan boot that you can pair with browns and blacks - like this: http://www.thefryecompany.com/womens-boots/view-all/77046/campus-14g

    I think brown/tan leather gets better with age + wear and tear, whereas black boots show salt really easily or turn greyish... So, I say if you want an all black boot--get a cheapie from Forever21 or H&M, which are surprisingly two of my favorite stores to buy shoes. Here's an interesting option: http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=shoes&ProductID=2044654570&VariantID=

    "Nobody calls me Lebowski. You got the wrong guy. I'm the Dude, man."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't hate you, I LOVE this! My sister-in-law said the same thing re. the black/brown debate - brown gets better with age, and can definitely be worn with black, and black ones tend to look cheap. Thank you for weighing in with your truly brilliant boot thoughts :)

      Delete
  3. The boots are great! And maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I've had that peppermint stick ice cream...or maybe I'm delusional. Either way, it looks really yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...