Friday, January 11, 2013

West Elm-Inspired Pillow Covers


I walk by West Elm on my way to and from work - a very dangerous route. I am loving all the abstract silk pillows they started displaying in the windows these last few weeks - so fresh and pretty!

Last weekend I went to Freddy Farkel's in search of some new fabric for Euro shams (more on that later!), and I found a fantastic pink silk fabric in their remnants section. I bought a yard for only $4! These are just simple envelope covers - super easy to whip up. I may add a button in the back since the silk is a little slippery.



I'm so happy with the mini-refresh! This time of year, when all the holiday sparkle and cheer are being put away, I love to have a few new things in the mix at home.

P.S. Yes, that is the Christmas tree standing in the corner. I just took it down last night. The shame! But I miss the lights already.

2 comments:

  1. Love the new pillow covers! And I'm excited to hear more about these Euro shams your cooking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So super cute! West Elm is THE DEATH OF ME. I went in there and left without buying anything for the first time EVER this weekend and I felt off all day. It just caaaallllls to me. I don't know how you resist day-in and day-out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...