Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Embroidered Heart




Thanks to lots of time at home this past weekend, I went looking for a little craft to keep my busy. I found this darling embroidery pattern, and decided to give it a go. The fabric is an old Shabby Chic shower curtain from Target (no fabric is safe when there's a driving ban on).

I went the ultimate lazy route by holding the fabric up to the embroidery pattern image on my computer screen and lightly tracing it right from there. I also skipped some of the swirls and squiggles - I only know how to do chain stitches, so I did the whole thing using that, plus a few polka dot clusters.

Even with all these short-cuts, it's still pretty cute -- a perfect pre-Valentine's Day craft!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...