Monday, May 12, 2014

Lilac Sunday


I heard about Lilac Sunday at the Arnold Arboretum last spring (after the fact, of course!), and thought it would be a pretty lovely way to spend my first mother's day.

We were driving back from Connecticut on Sunday after visiting family for the weekend. It was very warm in the car, traffic was crazy near the Arboretum, and Lizzy was hungry and had a dirty diaper. We really thought about turning around since it was starting to feel a bit more stressful than fun, but I'm so glad we stuck it out and were able to take a walk among the flowers.



It will take us a little while to figure out how to handle these little outings with grace and ease, but the only way to do that is to keep trying it out, right?





When I was saying good-bye to my Mom yesterday she said, "Mother's Day is a funny little holiday, isn't it? But it's an important one, too."

I hope everyone had a lovely day, whether you were celebrating your own mother or grandmothers, or were happily being celebrated. So many of my girlfriends have become mothers in the last year, and it was so fun to text each other throughout the day to check in with well wishes. I'm sending lots of love to each and every one of you!

1 comment:

  1. Lizzy! So cute!!! Love her nickname :) And I'm glad you stuck it out and enjoyed yourself. It's hard to do once you have a baby on board, but often times it's worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...