Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Shopping

On Sunday night, I went to the grocery store. As Peter helped me unpack the bags and he said, "I think you bought one of every vegetable at the store."

It's true. I've been buyings TONS of vegetables lately. When I have a fridge full of things I can eat, it makes the elimination diet a little less sad to me. I basically let myself buy any piece of produce I can eat.

This week I came home with acorn squash, arugula, avocado, baby portabella mushrooms, butternut squash, broccoli, broccoli rabe, a giant cucumber, a green bell pepper, kale, carrots, celery root, radishes, frozen broccoli (I went a little overboard with the broc.), pears, and radishes. I could have also bought bok choy, swiss chard, more lettuce, beets, and a handful of other things. But I decided to show some restraint (ha).


So far this week, Peter made a yummy polenta and we put sauteed broccoli rabe, swiss chard stalks left over from last week, and cubes of roasted acorn squash on top. Last night, Peter made a yummy chicken dish with soy sauce, ginger, honey, and garlic (not entirely allergy free, but it seemed to be fine) that we had over rice with roasted broccoli. And tonight, I think I'm going to make some version of this soup for dinner with the kale I came home with.

I keep asking Peter if he's full enough after these meals, because I notice that I'm losing a little bit of weight myself. He says he fine, but I try to give him extra snacks during the day and sausages to go with some of the meals so he doesn't fade away.

It's getting better.  It's getting easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...