Thursday, September 24, 2009

Gin & Tonic Picnic


Yesterday at my desk, I had a brilliant idea. An indoor picnic! Maybe not the most original idea, but still. Brilliant.

When I got home, I set up everything really fast so I could surprise Peter when he got home. I pulled out the extra fleece blankets that I keep well hidden behind the love seat, pulled the big pillows off of our bed, and lit every candle we have.

I threw together a quick tray of snacks: olives, rice crackers, hummus (for me), bread, brie, goat cheese (for Peter). When Peter came home, he made delicious gin & tonics.

We talked about debate club, and greeting cards, and all the upcoming trips we want to take. (Portland, Maine, Williamsburg, VA, and PARIS!!! Just in case you were curious...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...