Thursday, October 15, 2009

Fore!

So, learning how to golf! It's really, really hard.

I had my first lesson on Saturday afternoon. Glenn was an awesome instructor; very calm, never giving too much information in one breath. And he could do really great tricks like drive the ball while standing on one foot or with only one hand. He would tell me lies like, "You have raw talent!" and, "That was a great shot!" He was quite the stud.

Still, it can be hard to not get frustrated. I was trying to do everything right: keep my head down, flick my wrists just so, shift my weight on my feet, follow through...and still my balls would go in crazy directions. Or worse! I would miss the ball entirely. It's very embarrassing but also funny when you swing with all your might, and the ball is still waiting patiently on the tee when you're done.

On Sunday, Peter and I went to a driving range so I could practice. And wouldn't you know, it was the best I've ever been! I kept hearing Glenn's little instructions in my head, and Peter gave me a few pointers, too. On Monday, I was super sore from moving my body in all those funny positions, but it was worth it. I'm really, really excited to go again.

I love a good beret. I would probably look amazing in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...