Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Lotion commotion

I had to re-order my most favorite eye cream this morning, and I thought it might be fun to share all the products I love the most with my dear readers. Oh yes, I certainly know how to have fun.

I have tried a lot (a lot a lot) of products, and I thought people with sensitive skin might be curious. The kind of sensitive skin that doesn't like that (aggressive!) plain cotton shirt attacking it on a perfectly pleasant 70 degree day. That kind of sensitive.

Body wash: Aveeno Soothing Relief Creamy Wash. This is billed as a product for babies, so it can be found with the diaper rash cream.

Body lotion: Aveeno Intense Relief Repair Cream. If I could buy stock in this cream, I would.

Eye cream: Ultra Gentle Eye Cream. For years, I used a product called Calm Balm from Origins. And then Origins cruelly decided to stop making this miracle product. It took years (years, people!) to find a suitable replacement.

Face moisterizer: Vanicream. This is a wonderful, thick lotion that I love a lot. I also use their sunscreen, bar soap, and occasionally the shampoo and conditioner. You can also buy this in a drugstore. It's not on the shelf -- you have to ask for it at the pharmacy counter, but don't need a prescription.

This Vanicream tip is almost like finding out about those secret bars in NYC where you go to the back of a gross looking Chinese restaurant, pick up the red phone on the wall and say, "Rubber boots go squish" before being ushered quickly into a dark, hidden room behind the kitchen where Mike Meyers is drinking a White Russian with a model on his arm.

Or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...