Thursday, October 1, 2009

lonny mag

I'm sure my wonderfully design-savvy friends have already heard about Lonny, the new online home decor magazine put together by some of the people that used to run Domino Magazine. But just in case you haven't seen it yet, you should definitely check it out!


It's a little bit strange to read it online in a format that tries to mimic the look and feel of a magazine, but it's still fun. Eddie Ross's house (starting on page 58) is so beautiful. I want my (future) house in Portland, Maine (maybe) to look just like it! So many great dishes and copper pots and clean, white furniture!

On another note, I wanted tell you about this great little book I've been reading this week called DIY: Design It Yourself by Ellen Lupton. The first line says, "This book is for people from all walks of life who want to publish words, images, and ideas on paper, on T-shirts, on the Web, or anywhere else." It's really inspiring! And doesn't that description almost sound like everyone you know?

It makes me want to create tote bags and business cards and zines. (What is with the word zine, though. It's very lame sounding.) Maybe an e-newsletter is marginally cooler. Would that be fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...