Photo from Apartment Therapy
We are throwing a little Christmas party this year, despite my nervousness. I am so excited that a few friends from DC and my sister and her sweet boyfriend will be coming. It's still a long way off (NYC friends: mark your calendar for December 19th!), but I'm starting to look at different menu and entertaining ideas:
- Cranberry Caipirinha - we drank lots of caipirinha's in Brazil. It might be fun to do a holiday version of the drink for the party. Also, I'm kind of a sucker for pink drinks.
- White Crudites with Buttermilk Dip
- Classic Gougères - ever since I read about Molly Wizenberg's cocktail party fantasies in Bon Appetit, I've wanted to have one myself and serve these.
- Classic Cheese Plate
- Mini Meatballs with Yogurt-Dill Sauce
- Spicy, Sweet and Salty Rosemary Nuts
- Layered Peppermint Crunch Bark - these are so pretty, and so delicious.
Oh, I just love the holiday season.