Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Difficult loves


I'm still waiting for my next book club book to arrive from Amazon.  In the meantime, I've been reading the short stories in Difficult Loves by Italo Calvino. 

Italo Calvino would be a great name for a cat.

Anyways!  I got this book years ago, before I left to study abroad in Italy during college, but never read it then.  I'm so happy I'm reading it now. 

In each story, Calvino takes a very small moment, like a soldier sitting next to a widow on a train, and turns it into a lusty, tortured saga.  The most sexy thing that happened in the train story involved a drawn out knee-graze, but trust me: it was very sexy.

Highly recommended if you are searching for some spring-fever reading material!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...