If you cook with some regularity, you know that inspiration and excitement come in waves. Some weeks, everything sounds amazing and you can't wait to head to the store. Other times, it's nearly impossible to get excited about cooking, especially for those fast, easy weeknight dinners.
To help beat this rut, I've started to keep a running list in a draft email called "things that look yummy." Anytime I see a recipe that looks good, I add it to the file. Bonus points are awarded (virtually, of course) to interesting looking salads and vegetarian fare, because I try to eat that way most weeknights.
Here's a little peak at my current yummy list:
- Chicken tagine with fennel and olives, Bon Appetit
- Green bean salad with fried almonds, Smitten Kitchen
- Mushroom, butternut and Gruyère tart, Food and Wine
- Pear pizza with Gorgonzola and caramelized onions, Culinary Couple
- Wild mushroom ragout, Pink of Perfection
What do you brilliant ladies do to get out of a cooking rut? Any tips or tricks for making it easier to get excited about cooking on a random Thursday night?