Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ikat settee


Remember a million years ago when we pretend shopped for my living room?! You guys will be proud. I've actually bought some of it! It's looking very "Option 1" -- we bought the couch, a rug with a similar color scheme and I painted my coffee table black. 

I've been looking on Craigslist for settees I could recover in a cute stripe, but haven't found the perfect thing. I'm thinking about cheating on the stripes with this darling ikat one. Please weigh in, I'm driving myself crazy with indecision. Will I be sick of it six months, or is it so super cute I will love it for always? Jordan Ferney had it in her fab apartment, if that helps your decision process at all :)

4 comments:

  1. Well, if Jordan has it, then it has to be a good choice! Get it! Get it!

    Can't wait to see how the room turns out!

    Are you going to share with us the before and after of your coffee table?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it. i think it's the kind of thing you could change a room around - different colour pillows, an area rug, maybe different artwork above and it's a whole new room! plus, it will fit into different spaces...living room, a large bedroom, an office, a kid's room? when i was a teenager i swapped out my desk for a settee - loved that thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie I'm glad you've made way in furnishing new place! I wish we would gain some progress in the furniture department, but I get so burnt out on making decisions that it leaves me making no decisions! (Sad, right?!)
    That being said, I think this piece is darling...it's got neutral enough colors that you could mix it in most anywhere. Although...I do like me some stripes.
    See? I'm no help! ;) Can't wait to see more of your place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know my vote! Ikat! Ikat! Ikat!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...