Last year, much of our time was spent preparing for our move, packing up and settling into our new apartment, and then adjusting to our surroundings (including new jobs for both Peter and me).
In 2012, I want to just enjoy everything! Here's my loose plan:
- Continue to build up friendships in our new city, hosting or meeting people out and about at least a few times a month.
- Join a book club. I desperately miss my NYC book club, and I hope to find one here (or start a new group!). Boston ladies, any takers?! I will come bearing treats and a large supply of wine!
- Florida in February.
- Paris in April.
- Martha's Vineyard in August.
- At least two local-ish weekend trips.
And finally, very adult-like, financial enjoyment:
- We've been saving up for a house for over a year, and still have a long way to go. Luckily, I take an absurd amount of pleasure from transferring money into the savings account. I want to keep our momentum going and watch our down payment swell up!
Anyone else trying to embrace a year of pleasure? I'd love some company :)