Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Winter Park, Florida



I'm going to write a bit about Orlando soon, but first I thought I'd share some photos from another favorite spot we went to while we were away: Winter Park. It's a darling little town just north of Orlando. We loved it!


We went to lunch at Ravenous Pig. We originally tried to get dinner reservations, but they were all booked up. I'm so glad we were still able to visit! The space is modern but warm. The menu isn't huge, but everything we ate was amazing - Po' boys, shrimp tacos, charcuterie and the grower salad were all devoured.




After lunch, we went over to Rifle Paper Co. It's a tiny shop, with their workshop in the back. I love their products, and it was such a sweet, happy place. I came home with floral coasters, a notepad and some place cards (for the next time we host Thanksgiving!).


Aren't these hearts adorable? My mom bought a 24x18 print of it to hang in her newly redesigned sun room. The shop girl told us that Urban Outfitter is going to be selling the print soon, so be on the look out if you'd like to snag one yourself!




In the later afternoon, we took a lake tour. After being in Disney World for a few days, an hour out on a boat was heaven.


The Spanish Moss hanging down is so lovely. I wish this would grow in New England!



There were huge houses, and a great view of Rollins. I love looking at colleges, even from afar, so that was a fun treat!


Finally, while my mom, sister and I went to visit the local Lilly store, the boys had a drink at Prato. It was wide open to the street, had a lovely, dark bar, and they report that it had an excellent beer list.

If you're in the Orlando area, I highly recommend a visit to cute Winter Park!

3 comments:

  1. oh it looks so wonderful! we've just booked a south florida vacation for easter week - looking forward to some sun and some golf and this post has just made me all the more excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun, brie! I just adore Florida. Such a great spot to visit.

      Delete
  2. This looks like such a fun trip! I'm going onto have to catch up on the rest of your Forida excursions as well.

    That paper shop is adorable.
    And excited for those print to be in Urban!! I'll be keeping my eye out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...