Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Loving Lately


The Dirty Life was on my summer reading list last June, but I'm just getting around it now. It's just as good - maybe even better - to read it in the spring when everything is waking up and blooming. A warning: this book will most definitely have you saying, "We could totally be organic farmers in upstate New York! Absolutely I could milk a cow at 4:00 a.m.!"


We started watching Terriers on Netflix Instant a few weeks ago, and I'm completely hooked. I know I just told you that I want to become an organic farmer, but if I'm honest, my true secret wish is to be an off-the-grid detective. Fighting bad guys, knowing secrets - that would be the life! The show was cancelled after two seasons, and I'm already mourning the loss of it in my life (and I'm not even through season one!).


I'm a big fan of Lilly Pulitzer, but this murphee scarf has a special place in my heart. It was designed to raise awareness for the Amani Children's Foundation. My all-time favorite professor in college, Dr. Jane Stephens, started this organization with her husband to provide support to infants in Kenya through a local partner, New Life Homes. If you're looking for a special something for Mother's Day, this would be a fantastic choice!

2 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by your book recommendation. I'll have to add that to my To Read list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, it's such a fun book! I'm even further into it now, and I can hardly put it down.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...