Monday, June 4, 2012

Mount Greylock



Something strange is happening to me. I'm sort of becoming a hiker! Over Memorial Day weekend, Peter and I went to Mount Greylock in the Berkshires.


I thought we were going to climb right up to the top, but then I found out that takes about four hours each way and involves all these annoying extras like hearty snacks, water and a change of socks. I'm still only sort of a hiker - that was a bit too much.


So we wussed out and drove to the top, then did a lovely three mile loop on a trail toward the bottom of the mountain.


At the very top, from the tower pictured below, you can see four states! Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont and New York. Neat, right? 


Hope you had a wonderful weekend, and happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! And how outdoorsy of you. I would have wussed out waaaaay before you did, so you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...