Monday, July 2, 2012

2nd Anniversary Gift: China


When we were in Paris, I kept my eyes open for something that could work as an anniversary gift. I thought it would be fun for us to celebrate with something we picked up there. 

On our last full day, we went to the Pompidou in the morning, and I found these fantastic heart-shaped gelato spoons in their museum shop. I hemmed and hawed about them. They're not so practical, but they are oh-so-cute. I am thrilled that we pulled the trigger and bought them. 


Later that day, I shopped around a bit while Peter read in a cafe. In Reperages Maison, they had a big table display right in the front of the store of dishware in this darling pattern. I looked at trays and dessert plates, but then it dawned on me that ice cream bowls would be the perfect accompaniment to the gelato spoons. Anniversary gift kismet, says I!

The bowls and spoons are going for an inaugural spin with some roasted sour cherry ice cream :) Yay for celebrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...