Monday, August 20, 2012

Last Gasp of Summer Reading: Blonde


The final days of August call for something long and juicy - sexy, even - that you can really sink your teeth into. Last week, I completely lost myself in Blonde, a fictional account of Marilyn Monroe's life. It's so engrossing, I kept having dreams about her. Marilyn and I at a party, watching Marilyn work on the set of a movie. Crazy!

Joyce Carol Oates has produced a staggering amount of work, but this was my first introduction to her genius. I was struck by her amazing ability to voice Marilyn, and everyone else that played a part in her huge life, with such perfection.

Now I can't wait to catch up a few of her movies. Bus Stop has been added to the top of our queue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...