Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Saying "Hi!" to the Old 'Hood



We were in New Jersey over the weekend for a baby shower and going away party. On Sunday, I was lucky enough to meet up with some of my dear NYC girlfriends (plus the sweetest little three month old baby!) for brunch. Oh, how I miss them!



When I met up with Peter, we couldn't help but make a little detour and take a quick walk around our old neighborhood.



We obviously needed a coffee fix. We have coffee in Boston, of course, but nothing as good as Gorilla :)

The whole thing made me miss New York very much, but not miss the actual living there part at all. I must go back very soon and get a good, strong fix of the city and all the good food and friends it contains.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, what a nice walk down memory lane for you! Did you see the new basketball arena? There is so much that's new in the area - most of it positive. Woodland, on the corner, is our new go-to spots for drinks.

    You probably didn't recognize your old place without the boarded up facade next to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did take a peak at the arena! I thought it was much less offensive in its final state than I imagined it would be. It actually looked kind of cool?

      And yay for completed construction next door! You guys must be so happy it finished.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...