Friday, June 7, 2013

Summer Sunday Dinner: Grilled Swordfish with Ramp Pesto


Are we past ramp season by now? I fear we may be.

However, this dish would work just as well with garlic scapes, scallions, or a mixture of herbs. I just tossed a few roasted ramps into my food processor with some pistachios, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil, and jusjed away for a few seconds. Not too long - I like pesto to be a bit chunkier when I'm putting it on meat or fish. I had left-overs that I used as a pizza sauce and dolloped on top of paella.

Pesto season, I'm so happy you are back!

Summer Sunday Dinner
  • Whiskey sour, where have you been all my life?!
  • Grilled swordfish with ramp pesto
  • Roasted duck fat potatoes
  • Green salad with roasted beets and blue cheese
  • Lemon ice cream 
I was on the fence about lemon ice cream - I couldn't wrap my mind around it. But I decided to make it since we had lots of lemons, thanks to making sour mix. It's delightfully creamy and tart, which is difficult to achieve. If you aren't my mother-in-law who hates lemons (hi, Pam!), I think you'll enjoy it.

Happy Friday to all! Tomorrow I was roped into proctoring an ACT test (Peter's been coaching me on my serious teacher face), and I am going to see Gatsby tomorrow afternoon with a few girlfriends. Have you seen it yet? I know it won't be great, but I'm excited for all the hair and fashion inspiration.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm always so impressed by your Sunday dinner menu! Another great job :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...