Monday, January 13, 2014

Dressing for Early Pregnancy

1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This post should really be called "dressing for early pregnancy if you want to hide it." I waited until about the midway point to share the news with my office, and while I didn't have too much to hide, a burgeoning bump was becoming more obvious in tight clothing. 

I know some people don't mind showcasing their belly's more prominently (and on the weekends and at home, I'm the same - yay for cute baby bumps!), but at work, I'd rather keep things more under wraps, so to speak, even though it's no longer a secret. (I'm totally aware that these days are numbered!)

These kinds of clothes are my staples - especially shirts like the one on the top left. It's seems counter-intuitive to draw attention to your waist with a drawstring or belt, but it creates a powerful illusion, especially since the bump will be quite low early on (at least for me!). My work uniform since November has been skinny black pants, a long sleeveless shirt, and a long cardigan/open sweater/blazer, with a scarf and/or big necklace. 

This is slightly embarrassing to admit, but I've been surprised by the level of vanity I've displayed in the few months. I had been the same size for the last ten years or so, and it's been strange to have clothes look and feel dramatically different in a relatively short amount of time. I don't have any advice to offer, but I thought I'd share since it wasn't something I was prepared for (you're probably all much better adjusted than I am :)

And now that I have this (kind of) figured out, I'll probably need to change up my tactic for the last few months! There's certainly a lesson in that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...