A lot of people declare that fall is their favorite season. The chill in the air, the colorful leaves, the fresh start. I don't understand the appeal. To me, all the fun stuff happens in summer. There's extra time off, beach vacations, ice cream, and as much pink clothing as you want. Fall is death, the end of fun!
As you can see, I'm in need of an attitude adjustment. Here are a few things that might get me just a tiny bit excited about autumn.
1. Shawl, H&M. It has a fox on it! That's cool, not creepy, right?
2. Garden Place Small Coal, Kate Spade. Neutral bags seem like they should go with everything, but really, red, green and yellow bags are wardrobe workhorses.
3. Zippy coasters, Anthropologie. I need these - they totally match my new curtains!
4. Fair and Tender Ladies by Lee Smith. New book club selection! I'll read it, but attend in spirit.
5. Poser by Claire Dederer. Reading this now and loving it - a very nice reminder about practicing joy.
6. Modern Croc Blouson, Ann Taylor. I tried this on and loved it; now I'm waiting for it to become deeply discounted :)
7. Monogrammed pillow, Martha Stewart. Fun new craft added to my ever-growing list.
Do you share these hateful feelings about autumn's approach, or are you one of those crazy people that claim love it?! What are you excited about buying, making or reading these days?