Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Celebrating the Season, Grown-up Style


It's easy for me to feel like all the fun holiday traditions are specially designed for children, or at least adults who have children. I blame Pinterest and all the cute baby blogs I read, so I guess there's no one to blame but myself! Here's my grown-up list of fun to celebrate the season:

  • Attend a holiday show (we're going to a concert here over the weekend!).
  • Write cards for family and friends.
  • Make a giant batch of peppermint bark. This is great to have on hand to bring to get-togethers thoughout the month! And to eat yourself.
  • Watch Holiday Inn, or whatever movie screams Christmas to you :)
  • Donate a bit throughout the month to organizations you believe in (I like to give little amounts to lots of different groups, but I know others love to donate in one big bundle. Whatever works!)
  • Keep a gratitude journal for the month.
  • Make a fancy dinner and serve with only candles and Christmas tree lights on.
  • Take a really long bath and read magazines instead of wrapping presents. You're an awesome adult, you can do that super fast at the last minute!
  • Read something that gets you in the spirit (last year I read this; any suggestions for this year?).
  • Treat yourself to a bottle of bubbly, because it's December, and you get to celebrate like a grown up!

What's on your list of fun this holiday season? 

4 comments:

  1. I love this list! I have one of my own, but I can't scoop myself - they'll be revealed to Shawn a day at a time in the advent calendar I'm making him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I remember this amazing photo that you posted in past years! Still think it belongs in Martha's magazine!

    Even without the help of kiddos, I still love baking and decorating Christmas cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, what a fun idea!

    Sam, two years later, and I think this is STILL the best picture I've ever taken.

    Melissa, here, here! Yay for wine and as many treats as you want to indulge in :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...