Monday, November 12, 2012

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apple and Pancetta


I made these Brussels sprouts last week, and they were so good and easy, I had to share. Anybody still looking for Thanksgiving sides? These would be lovely.

The Brussels sprouts were quartered, doused in olive oil and salt, and went into the oven at 400 degrees. While those were getting started cooking, I peeled and chopped an apple, and added the apple and about 1/4 cup of chopped pancetta to the roasting pan. I gave it a shake, and let it hang out for another 15-20 minutes - just until the Brussels have some dark spots and a few crispy leaves.

I served it all on top of blue cheese grits (You know the secret to making any side a main, right? Add a grain).

Hope you are all have a fantastic November! Peter and I are home today for Veteran's Day, and we're going to bop out to Concord for a healthy dose of the natural world on Walden Pond.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious. Plus you had me at blue cheese grits!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brussel sprouts get such a bad rap but they are so yummy. As non-regular vegetable eaters, they are a fave in my house. Your recipe sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...