Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Glimpses of Fall + Lemony Arugula and Apple Salad




Last weekend we went up to Crane for a beautiful final beach day of the summer. On the way home, we stopped at Russell Orchards, and it was like being literally thrust into autumn. Pumpkins and corn stalks and apples galore.

I bought a half dozen Cortland apples that I've been snacking on throughout the week. They're so crisp and perfect! Last night Peter grilled a brined pork tenderloin (on our new-to-us Weber grill that I'd been searching on Craig's list for for weeks!), and he threw together this dead-simple salad to go along with. It's a basic dressing with olive oil, a forkful of Dijon, salt, pepper, and the juice of one small lemon (so, very lemony!). Then add in thin slices of apple, toss, and enjoy. This would work just as nicely with kale as the season progresses, too.

Are you feeling ready for fall? Or trying to hold on to summer as much as possible? I'm trying to a little bit of both in this funny in between time of year.

1 comment:

  1. I am so ready for fall! I am not really ready to wear tights though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...