It's easy for me to feel like all the fun holiday traditions are specially designed for children, or at least adults who have children. I blame Pinterest and all the cute baby blogs I read, so I guess there's no one to blame but myself! Here's my grown-up list of fun to celebrate the season:
- Attend a holiday show (we're going to a concert here over the weekend!).
- Write cards for family and friends.
- Make a giant batch of peppermint bark. This is great to have on hand to bring to get-togethers thoughout the month! And to eat yourself.
- Watch Holiday Inn, or whatever movie screams Christmas to you :)
- Donate a bit throughout the month to organizations you believe in (I like to give little amounts to lots of different groups, but I know others love to donate in one big bundle. Whatever works!)
- Keep a gratitude journal for the month.
- Make a fancy dinner and serve with only candles and Christmas tree lights on.
- Take a really long bath and read magazines instead of wrapping presents. You're an awesome adult, you can do that super fast at the last minute!
- Read something that gets you in the spirit (last year I read this; any suggestions for this year?).
- Treat yourself to a bottle of bubbly, because it's December, and you get to celebrate like a grown up!
What's on your list of fun this holiday season?